The Night of Gifts

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

The following is taken, from Ghunyat ath-Thalibi Thariq al-Haqq, from Shaykh Muhyi ad-Din Abu Muhammad ibn Abu Swalih ‘Abd al-Qadir al-Jilani (q.s.). 

Regarding the ‘Iyd al-Fithr, the Messenger of Allah (s.aw.) said, “When the month of Ramadhan is over, and the night of ‘Iyd al-Fithr has arrived, that night is called the ‘Night of Gifts’. 

Then, in the early morning of ‘Iyd al-Fithr, Allah (s.w.t.) will Send His angels forth to visit all the towns and cities on the Earth below.  Once they have made their descent, they will position themselves at the entrances to all the streets and alleys.  There, in a voice that is audible to every being Created by Allah (s.w.t.), apart from the jinn and humankind, they will issue a proclamation saying, ‘O Community of Muhammad (s.a.w.), come forth into the presence of a Noble and Generous Lord Who will Grant you gifts in abundance and Forgive your terrible sins!’ 

Then, when the believers have emerged and presented themselves at their place of prayer, Allah (s.w.t.) will Say to His angels, ‘O My angels, what is the recompense of the hired labourer, once he has done his job?’ 

The angels will reply, ‘Our Lord and our Master, You will Pay him his wages in full!’ 

So, Allah (s.w.t.) will Say, ‘I now Call upon you to bear witness, O My angels, that I have Conferred My Acceptance and My Forgiveness as the Reward for their fasting and night vigil during the month of Ramadhan.’ 

Allah (s.w.t.) will then Say, ‘O My servants, put your requests to Me now, for this I Swear by My Might and My Majesty, you will not ask Me this day, in this gathering of yours for anything connected with your life hereafter, without My Granting it to you; nor for anything connected with your life in this lower world, without My Attending to your need.  By My Might and My Majesty, I will not put you to shame, nor will I expose you to disgrace amongst those who are faithfully committed to observing the shari’ah.  Now you may depart, knowing that you have been Forgiven.  You have won My Approval, and I am Well Pleased with you.’”



Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share our thoughts. Once approved, your comments will be posted.

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir